Skip navigation

How to set or change the default From Address

333 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 22, 2011 2:15 PM by aRKay RSS
aRKay Level 2 Level 2 (205 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Dec 22, 2011 11:23 AM

I have a number of email address and when i click on the "Compose a new message" the New messge always comes up showing my gmail address in From line. I have to remember to manually use the popup to select the desired address.  I have looked and cannot find a Mail option to select one of the other addresses as the default address for new messages.

Some help on how to change the default address for new messages will be appreciate.

iMac, MacBook Pro and iPad2, Mac OS X (10.7.2)
  • Glenn Leblanc Level 5 Level 5 (5,935 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 22, 2011 11:41 AM (in response to aRKay)

You can drag the order of accounts in Mail preferences in the Accounts pane. Put your preferred account as the first.

Also, in the outgoing server preferences, check the box to use only the server for the selected account. Make sure the correct server is showing.

Also, if you highlight the account you wish to send from in the sidebar, that should be the active account when creating new messages.

In addition: Check the mail preferences under composing and make sure you don't have an account selected to send new messages from, or select the account you wish to always send from.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.