Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to play keynote presentation after voiceover narration?

Hey all!

I am in desperate need of help... I have a big Keynote presentation (85 slides) and I am doing voice over narration on maybe half of them. I started on the first slide (which is slide 2 of the presentation) and wanted to view and see if it was to my liking but when you press play, it starts the slideshow with the first recorded slide. I changed the viewing option in inspector to normal but it doesn't included the recorded slide... Arrrggg!

Also, I am planning on putting music on it but since I have mulitple songs, I'll have to export the presentation to iMovie. Is it the best way not to lose resolution? Or will it compress the file too much? Should I record it with ScreenFlow instead and then add the music in iMovie? Or I guess I could do it in screen flow too...

I have about 7 hours to finish this so any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 22, 2011 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2011 1:59 PM

When you do a voiceover, you can only do so of the entire presentation, not just an individual slide. If you only need voiceover for individual slides, I would suggest to record your voice outside Keynote using Quicktime or Garageband, then import the sound file into the appropriate slide.

As for the music, you don't have to import the presentation into Garageband, but instead splice the music together you want to use in Garageband, export the file to your disk, and place the file into the presentation's soundtrack.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 22, 2011 1:59 PM in response to socalcanuck

When you do a voiceover, you can only do so of the entire presentation, not just an individual slide. If you only need voiceover for individual slides, I would suggest to record your voice outside Keynote using Quicktime or Garageband, then import the sound file into the appropriate slide.

As for the music, you don't have to import the presentation into Garageband, but instead splice the music together you want to use in Garageband, export the file to your disk, and place the file into the presentation's soundtrack.

How to play keynote presentation after voiceover narration?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.