Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ITunes 10.5.2: RimAlbumArtDaemon is crippling my MBP

UPDATE: 8:00 PM - NOT SOLVED: Restarted my MBP 13" 2,7 i& wirg 4 GB of RAM and after leuchning iTunes the proplem is back again. iTunes is consuming 90% + CP{U, fans are racing and in Actity Monitor RimAlbumArtDaemon is using 1.3 GB of Ram. I did not even use Get Album Artwork. This week I have deleted, reinstalled and rebuilt my large iTunes library 5 times and reinstalled Lion in the middle of the week.

Any Help would be appreciated.

Previous Update in another thread 10.00 AM

Problem solved (for now). After re-installing iTunes and rebuilding my library for the 5th or 6th time, I did NOT run the "Get Album Artwork" in iTunes and so far no problems at all. iTunes is running a normal CPU and I can quit and open as needed. It looks like the RimAlbumArtDaemon did not quit after it searched for artwork.

As a life long mac user this was by far my worst experience with Apple software. On a good note, re-installing Lion over the 'air" was seamless and I was able to do so without wiping my drive which is a separate option.

Posted on Dec 22, 2011 6:12 PM

15 replies

May 7, 2012 12:38 PM in response to Slatemass

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Desktop-Software-for-Mac/blackberry-daemo n-process-help/m-p/1374411/highlight/true#M7629

Solution:

1) If it's OK for you to uninstall the BB software from your Mac, delete it the usual way.

2) Then have a look at your HD at /Library/Application Support and delete the complete folder named "Black Berry"

3) Restart the system, empty the bin and everything should be fine.

(If there should be an error message "process BBdaemon ist running" while you're emptying the bin, try to open the activity monitor and kill the rimalbumartdaemon-process)

Aug 1, 2012 4:37 PM in response to marrto

That actually worked!!! Thanks!!

Just to be a little more specific on removing rimalbumartdaemon: This is for the none computer geeks...lol

Open finder, At the very top click on >GO

Click>Macintosh HD

Click>Library

Then search for the files that say Launch & Daemon.

Drag those two files to the trash & restart computer.

Yeahhhhh!!!!! Worked for me!!! Again thanks so much marrto!!!

Feb 23, 2013 11:51 AM in response to marrto

Thank you so much marrto! This worked perfectly for me!

<quote>

Solution:

1) If it's OK for you to uninstall the BB software from your Mac, delete it the usual way.

2) Then have a look at your HD at /Library/Application Support and delete the complete folder named "Black Berry"

3) Restart the system, empty the bin and everything should be fine.

(If there should be an error message "process BBdaemon ist running" while you're emptying the bin, try to open the activity monitor and kill the rimalbumartdaemon-process)

Jul 8, 2016 3:01 PM in response to Slatemass

The straightforward solution is to get rid of the BlackBerry Desktop app, which is launching RIM daemons in background. I've got a BlackBerry, though getting rid of the app might be annoying since I normally use it for regular smartphone backups.

If that's the case, you can just get rid of these daemons on launchd by typing in the Terminal

sudo launchctl remove com.rim.BBDaemon

launchctl remove com.rim.BBLaunchAgent

launchctl remote com.rim.RimAlbumArtDaemon

It is also worth knowing that you can't easily uninstall BlackBerry Desktop by drag-n-drop, since it won't remove said daemons. The original .dmg has a proper uninstaller.

ITunes 10.5.2: RimAlbumArtDaemon is crippling my MBP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.