Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie import from iTunes to iMovie app

Just purchased iMovie app for ipad 2. I created a project within the App while on the go, then transferred that project to my iMac to complete once home. Now I'm trying to import the file back into the iMovie app - as I may need to make changes on the go. I followed the instructions but keep getting a "No Projects Available to Copy from iTunes" message when I tap the download icon. The instructions appear to give the impression the project will just appear even without having to tap the download icon, but nothing is appearing.

The instructions I followed are below:

1.) Connect your iPod touch, iPhone or iPad to your computer

2.) In iTunes, select your device and click the Apps button

3.) Below File Sharing, select an app from the list, and click Add

4.) In the window that appears, select a file to transfer, and click Choose

I able to get the project loaded into the video player to play it, but I need it in iMovie to edit.

Any suggestions to what I'm doing wrong?

iMovie (iOS), Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 22, 2011 8:20 PM

2 replies

Jan 2, 2013 11:47 AM in response to coreyfromsaint louis

I was on the phone with tech support for hours with this one.

I had made a movie with my iPhone, then transferred it into my iPad, but it would not sync with iMovie, even following the directions directly from iMovie app. "no projects available to copy from itunes" <--sound familiar?

Here is what worked:

Open Tunes, drag and drop your movie into your iTunes LIBRARY from your Pictures file or wherever it resides on your computer.

Then in iTunes, in your Movies Library select your movie, then under FILE, choose Create New Version>Create new iPad version. Let that complete, then drag and drop into your ipad.

You will find your movie in the photos section of iMovies.

Have fun making movies.

iMovie import from iTunes to iMovie app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.