Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

back button closes other tabs

I have 4 website URLs in a folder on the Bookmarks Bar and in the Bookmark Editor auto-click is checked. After opening a new browser window I click the folder on the Bookmarks Bar and the websites are opened in 4 tabs. When I go to one of the tabs and click a link on one of the websites, the browser navigates to the new page as expected. However, when I click the back button, all of the tabs close and a blank tab is all that is left. I am using the Windows version of the Safari browser 5.1.2. Is this a known bug that is being worked on? Someone has reported something similar in the post Safari for Windows - "BACK" button bug? .

Safari 5.1.2-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Dec 23, 2011 3:48 AM

2 replies

Apr 23, 2012 2:03 PM in response to aRock10

I'm using 5.1.5 now and a problem still occurs. The problem reported above still occurs and there is another similar problem. If I have a browser window with one or several tabs open already and then click the folder name, all of the existing tabs disappear and I only see newly opened tabs with the sites from the folder. When I click back then all of the new tabs close and the previous tabs reappear along with a blank new tab.

I have not come across anything more related to a solution and am hoping that someone from Apple looks at this discussion at some point so that the bug gets noticed and fixed.

back button closes other tabs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.