Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can someone hack into my notes on my iPhone through a bluetooth connection?

I use notes to keep a lot of sensitive information such as passwords, account information, etc. I am wondering if I am using a handsfree device in my car and I am connected to it via bluetooth, can someone hack into my phone through the bluetooth signal? Is there a way to encrypt the notes file to keep it secure from hackers?

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Dec 23, 2011 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2011 8:07 AM

Anything is possible. However, it is highly unlikely that anyone would be able to accomplish what you described. The Bluetooth signal is already encrypted. A casual sampler will not be able to interfere with your paired connection nor get any useful data from it.

Unless you're guarding the nation's nuclear secrets, don't worry about it. And if you are, discuss this with the person in charge of your security clearance.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2011 8:07 AM in response to MacConvert54

Anything is possible. However, it is highly unlikely that anyone would be able to accomplish what you described. The Bluetooth signal is already encrypted. A casual sampler will not be able to interfere with your paired connection nor get any useful data from it.

Unless you're guarding the nation's nuclear secrets, don't worry about it. And if you are, discuss this with the person in charge of your security clearance.

Jul 11, 2014 3:09 PM in response to John Hammer1

HI !

It seem , that two weeks ago, I was working with my Mac Mini 4.1, june 2010, 2,4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo .

And Looking into NOTES a strange italian words appears just at the top list !!!! "Ciao mi chiamo Puppy e sono un robot. Vengo in pace. Sono solo venuto per rubarti l'oro biologico. Dove nascondi. "

Trad.

"Hello my name is Puppy, and I am a robot. I come in peace. I only came to steal the gold organic. Where you hide."

It seems incredible, because I use two different ID apple, one for iTunes, and one for iCloud .

I think that iCloud is not so secure as i Thought ?

Best regards

Jul 12, 2014 6:42 AM in response to Nekoma

First, note that you're posting this in response to an inactive topic from 2011, before iCloud existed. This really should have been posted as a separate topic, not here.

Second, if unfamiliar content is appearing in your Notes app, that could very well be due to a hacked iCloud account. It's very unlikely that a random hacker would bother putting silly messages into your Notes app, however, as they would be more interested in hacking your iCloud account in order to purchase things from one of Apple's App Stores or the iTunes Store. Someone putting silly messages into Notes would probably be someone who knows you, who has access to your iCloud account and is playing a prank on you.

Either way, it would be a good idea to change your iCloud account password.

Can someone hack into my notes on my iPhone through a bluetooth connection?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.