2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 23, 2011 12:50 PM by mknabster
mknabster Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I recently upgraded to Lion 10.7.2 from 10.6.8 with the want of using the latesty Xcode, since the App Store said it wouldn't work on SL for whatever reason. I have been trying to install it now through the App store, and when i click on the Install button within the store, it appears in my Launchpad, but just says downloading. The progress bar doesn't change and stays at 0 for the percentage. I left the computer for a little while hoping it would download, and when i came back, Xcode disappeared from Launchpad altogether, and i wasn't able to find it on the machine at all. I'm trying to download again, and now the icon has been saying Waiting for some time now. So what can be the cause of this?

MacBook Pro, PowerMac G5 7,3, Other OS
  • Carolyn Samit Level 10 Level 10 (97,000 points)
    i click on the Install button within the store, it appears in my Launchpad, but just says downloading. The progress bar doesn't change and stays at 0 for the percentage. I left the computer for a little while hoping it would download, and when i came back, Xcode disappeared from Launchpad altogether,

Hanging installation

"If you tried installing Xcode from the App Store and have experienced some hangs, there is a workaround that should get the package installed. Go to the "Install Xcode" application that you downloaded from the App Store, right-click it, and choose "Show Package Contents." Then go to the "Resources" folder and you should see a file called "Xcode and iOS SDK.mpkg." Open this file, and the OS X installer will run to install Xcode, but this time it hopefully should install without any hangs."

From here >   http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-20052216-263.html#ixzz1hOPPy2k4

• mknabster Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks, that article does scare me a bit, but doesn't really provide a solution. They talk about downloading the app itself then install it manually; how would i go about doing so through the App store?