Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Card Delivery Time

Have to say, I am very dissapointed with the delivery times for ordering photo cards through iPhoto in the UK. I am still waiting after over 2 weeks from placing my order and now am not gonna have it in time for what it was intended for.

I know that the guidance states 10 days from date of printing but the printing seemed to take over a week (for a card?). Now if Apple wants to be a market leader in this field then they need to pull there finger out cos this will be the last time I order anything through iPhoto (I know from experience I can order prints through Wanadoo and they will be put through my letterbox the next working day).

I have left feedback with Apple to this effect but am not expecting much to change.

Moan over.

Paul

iBook G4 800mhz, Mac OS X (10.4.4)

Posted on Feb 11, 2006 8:38 AM

5 replies

Feb 13, 2006 8:48 AM in response to Paul J. Hart

Paul,

I totally endorse this sentiment. I ordered some invitation cards for my daughter's birthday on Feb 7th. The page you visit when ordering says, "usually ships within 4-5 business days". I took this to mean that about a week from ordering to receipt would be in order. I am still without the items and when I queried this with Apple they say I have to allow ANOTHER 10 business days for shipment. That's 15 business days - or three weeks - in total. I have no idea where they ship from, and by what method, but pigeon post from the other side of the world wouldn't take that long.

In my own case I am looking at £90 worth of invitations that will arrive too late. I have told Apple that because their site failed to mention the delivery times (in fact, actually misled, although not deliberately I am prepared to believe), I will be looking to them for a full refund.

My beef is not the three weeks as such; it's the failure to mention this anywhere during the ordering stage.

David

Mar 19, 2006 2:37 AM in response to Tim Feist

FYI,

Apple did provide me with a full refund on this order. Although I was not happy with the way that lead times are quoted, I was very satisfied with the way that customer services dealt with this. I also looked at the quality of the cards before I returned them and they were first rate. I would use the service again, but now I know the delivery times I would allow 4 weeks to be safe.

I couldn't figure out where the packages had come from. They had clearly originated in the US because there were US postal slips, but the "final destination" label originated from Holland. If UK orders are coming from the US via Holland that might explain some of the delay - two sets of customs to get through and multiple carriers.

David

Photo Card Delivery Time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.