Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

s.mzstatic

Ever since I updated the Apple operating system I keep getting the following popup itunesError message:

iTunes can't verify the identity of the server "s.mzstatic.com."

The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to a

server that is pretending to be "s.mzstatic.com.", which could put

your cinficential information at risk. Would you like to connect to

the server anyway?

What is this all about?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Dec 23, 2011 12:45 PM

12 replies

May 9, 2017 2:22 PM in response to Matt Whitney

Mzstatic.com takes me to the Apple website. I have personally been hacked by Apple and given a static IP address from their domain and then cyberattacked by them when I was preparing to make a claim to the Office of Civil Rights against the University of AK. I found reference to mzstatic in a file on my computer when I ran a search on the computer for Margaret Stock who I think made the arrangements with Apple to put me on UA's enterprise system using VNC.

Jan 18, 2012 4:47 AM in response to artfromthethornhill

Yup this very same issue has started with me too. I updated to latest iTunes a few weeks back - first time I saw message was today. a whois shows that this s.mzstatci.com site is owned by Apple. The sites regestered here with the following contact details.

Cupertino, CA 95014

US

Telephone: +1.4089744286

Fax: +1.4089744286

Email: User uploaded file

I'm going to email Mr/Mrs/Miss Eddings for a responce to this discussion thread.

I'll let you know how I get on

Regards

Sep 28, 2013 1:32 PM in response to artfromthethornhill

If visitors here would spend 10 or 15 min doing some real homework, confusion and misinformation wouldn't clutter the Apple Discussions forum so much. Akamai Technologies is not owned by Apple. It's one of the largest, probably THE largest company world-wide in helping internet-tech related companies, generally large-to-medium size, ease the flow of network processes and content delivery. It's normal, and a good thing to see it listed on a network monitor, often not only with the term "akamai" interted, but "edgesuite" as well.

And the main corporate office is not a neighbor to Apple in Cupertino It's in Cambridge, Mass.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akamai_Technologies

May 3, 2015 9:04 AM in response to ArtStart1

I've been getting this notice about s.mzstatic.com, and given your guidance that it's part of Apple's server network, I've told iTunes to continue connecting even though it says the server is not trusted. Several more similar warnings followed, but I clicked continue to each. I then got the notice of an iTunes update and clicked on that, but the App Store now says it cannot connect to the internet so I can't download any updates. This is in spite of the fact that all my other internet apps are open and functioning -- Firefox, Outlook, etc.

If the App Store can't connect, do you have any suggestions on how I can receive updates?

Thanks!

s.mzstatic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.