Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Macbook is significantly slower since I downloaded Lion X

Hi there!

I download Lion X months ago, I remember I had duplicate icons and software then, I say many people having this problem though. I followed a few steps in order to finish with this issue and the duplicates were finally deleted. Since then (the download) my mac is significantly slower and sometimes frozen for few seconds, I can't open several apps as I used to because I have this problem. I don't know if I really deleted the duplicates, if I look for "safari' using finder it still appear two of them. I don't know if this problem is related with the slow runnig of my Lion.

I've other issues since then, for example when I 'turn my computer off" with the "Mail' app running I can't never turn it off if I don't turn that app down myself cause is says "Mail is not letting turn the computer off" and it sometimes happens with other software I've downloaded afterwars like "Vuze".

Is this slowness related with the duplicates or why is my computer so slow since then?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 23, 2011 1:59 PM

3 replies

Dec 23, 2011 3:10 PM in response to macjack

I do not download apps from torrents, I only download movies. I've done it since I bought my mac, but since I downloaded lion X everything's turned slow and the colour wheel appears constanstly (specially when Mail is open). Regarding the duplicated icons I just mentioned it cause it was a problem that many people had when downloading Lion X, I had it myself.

Ram: 2GB

My Macbook is significantly slower since I downloaded Lion X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.