Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

About Apple ID and Mac App Store Purchases...

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could give me some assistance for this question. Ok here's the situation, I want to use iCloud in my Mac however, I can't use it because it requires my Apple ID to be in an e-mail format (i.e. "steve.jobs.@apple.com"), and my ID is in user name format (i.e. "deltaforce"). I know that you can change your ID into email format by logging into appleid.apple.com. the problem that I have is that I have made multiple Mac App Stores purchases and I don't want to lose them if I update the ID. I was wondering if the Mac App Store will still recognize me as the owner of my apps under the new ID.

Thanks for any assistance on this matter...

Happy Holidays!

2.53GHz Core i5 MacBook Pro 15, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 500GB HD @7200, 4GB 1067MHz DDR3 RAM, Intel HD + Nvidia 330m 256

Posted on Dec 23, 2011 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2011 3:19 PM

I had to do the same thing when I wanted to sign up for Find My iPhone, so I know what you're feeling.

The good news is that yes, content purchased using the old "username" version of your Apple ID will continue to work once you change your Apple ID to one that is in the form of an e-mail address. This includes items purchased through the iTunes Store as well as the Mac App Store.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2011 3:19 PM in response to vea1083

I had to do the same thing when I wanted to sign up for Find My iPhone, so I know what you're feeling.

The good news is that yes, content purchased using the old "username" version of your Apple ID will continue to work once you change your Apple ID to one that is in the form of an e-mail address. This includes items purchased through the iTunes Store as well as the Mac App Store.

Dec 23, 2011 3:34 PM in response to R36 9346

R36 9346 wrote:

Oh Great! You've made my day! 🙂

Dec 28, 2011 6:31 PM in response to vea1083

Same issue did not work for me.

Please HELP! My APPLE ID is probably corrupted. My Apple ID has been " xxMyID " for 10 years and now I am locked out and the system will not send me an email using the reset features.

xxMyID, xxMyID@me.com, and xxMyID@mac.com should all be the same account. I don't want 2 or 3 mac accounts but somehow that appears to be what has happened. I have apps to be updated but it won't let me ever since I bought an ipad. even my old iphone will no longer work with the app store. Somehow all my iphone apps are under xxMyID and I can no longer sign in. Typical password recovery does not work.

Please help.

Feb 2, 2012 6:32 PM in response to vea1083

I have now spent many hours on this APPLE ID issue and still no luck from apple. I paid for an Apple ID for 10 Years with my .mac account which did not have the email address format. So now I bought an IPAD and had to convert to the email address format - OK no problem except all the APPS and Music purchased under my original ID ar NO LONGER linked to my @mac.com address. Where did they go? I have 3 other macs trying to sync and now nothing works! Type " apple ID issues" into Google ( Google - not the apple support search window) and the first thing that comes up is many people with the same issue - click on the "Apple ID verification problem" and you will see over 6000 people have used this trail to figure out what happened to their Apple ID. Come on APPLE - Read you own posts and help us. I did not change my account you did. I am a loyal 30 year apple fan and this is the most PC thing you have ever done. The apple Experts at the store are telling me I have to pay for tech support help to fix your server issues - - Come on!!! That would not work anyway - - Just read all the people who have tried at this link and you will see that many people have this issue and the tech support does not know how to fix it.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3422165?start=15&tstart=0

Feb 28, 2012 7:34 PM in response to vea1083

APPLE - PLEASE READ your own Issues regarding APPLE ID verification issues. With over 8000 views and not a single solution from your loyal followers you would think we could get some help from your EXPERTS.

Please either FIX IT, OR admit you screwed up and deleted our original Apple ID accounts so at least we can move on with our lives and quit wasting so much time trying to get back into our accounts that you deleted.

PLEASE - Tell us what is going on!

About Apple ID and Mac App Store Purchases...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.