Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exchange 2003 access from Outlook 2011:Mac

Outlook 2011 for Mac requires Exchange 2007 or later to make an Exchange connection.

However I got my system working using IMAP instead and specifying the IP address of the server. I can even use this remotely, by first establishing a VPN connection.

Posted on Dec 23, 2011 3:13 PM

4 replies

Dec 25, 2011 3:06 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

The point is that my customers are dumb. Some have Macs and Outlook and of course Apple Mail installed. I need to give them access to their mail accounts on the Exchange 2003 SBS. The Outlook 2011 program doesn't work with SBS 2003 if using Exchange mail connection.

It does work using IMAP.

Google didn't find this for me, so I thought that my post may help someone else with this problem.

I am not claiming that this is rocket science, and I am fully aware that many people already know this. So why bother to reply if you don't need this info? Get a life and pass on by.

I think I have made this about as clear as I can, so I will certainly not bother with any more apologetics.

Enjoy life, or iLife(?) and have a great coming New Year.

Ciao.

Exchange 2003 access from Outlook 2011:Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.