Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will downloads from vinyl records, old CD's etc. work with with iTunes match?

I have many digitized vinyl records in my collection. Will iTunes match work with them?

I read in "troubleshooting" that some songs might not work with iTunes Match if quality is too low.

What does that mean?

Will these low quality files still work on my iOS devices as they do now after an

iTunes Match procedure?

There is a 200mb limit and songs that can go to the iCloud. How do I determine a song files' size?

Will ALL of my music files still be available on my iMac after an iTunes

Match procedure? And will all of these be available on my iOS devices?

A lot of questions, I know, but I don't want to mess up my very valuable, to me at least, music library

containing many old CD's, digitally downloaded vinyl records, and music downloaded from music websites!

Thanks for any help and advice from anyone, before I do an iTunes Match procedure!

MacDenney

intel iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 500 gig HD, 4 gig RAM, superdrive

Posted on Dec 23, 2011 3:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2011 3:57 PM

MacDenney wrote:

I have many digitized vinyl records in my collection. Will iTunes match work with them?

I read in "troubleshooting" that some songs might not work with iTunes Match if quality is too low.

What does that mean?

Any track encoded with a bit-rate of 96 Kbps or lower is ineligble for iTunes Match. If you have any low bit-rate songs in your library you can right-click the song and choose "Create AAC Version."

MacDenney wrote:

There is a 200mb limit and songs that can go to the iCloud. How do I determine a song files' size?

Pull down View > View Options and select "size." This will add a column to your iTunes browser that will show you how large your music files are.

MacDenney wrote:

Yes and yes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2011 3:57 PM in response to MacDenney

MacDenney wrote:

What does that mean?

Any track encoded with a bit-rate of 96 Kbps or lower is ineligble for iTunes Match. If you have any low bit-rate songs in your library you can right-click the song and choose "Create AAC Version."

MacDenney wrote:

Pull down View > View Options and select "size." This will add a column to your iTunes browser that will show you how large your music files are.

MacDenney wrote:

Yes and yes.

Will downloads from vinyl records, old CD's etc. work with with iTunes match?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.