2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 23, 2011 7:37 PM by roebeet
MacDenney Level 1 (0 points)

I have many digitized vinyl records in my collection.  Will iTunes match work with them?

I read in "troubleshooting" that some songs might not work with iTunes Match if quality is too low.

What does that mean? 

 

Will these low quality files still work on my iOS devices as they do now after an

iTunes Match procedure?

 

There is a 200mb limit and songs that can go to the iCloud. How do I determine a song files' size?  

 

Will ALL of my music files still be available on my iMac after an iTunes

Match procedure?  And will all of these be available on my iOS devices?

 

A lot of questions, I know, but I don't want to mess up my very valuable, to me at least, music library

containing many old CD's, digitally downloaded vinyl records, and music downloaded from music websites!

 

Thanks for any help and advice from anyone, before I do an iTunes Match procedure!

 

MacDenney


intel iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 500 gig HD, 4 gig RAM, superdrive
  • Michael Allbritton Level 6 (16,785 points)

    MacDenney wrote:

     

    I have many digitized vinyl records in my collection.  Will iTunes match work with them?

    I read in "troubleshooting" that some songs might not work with iTunes Match if quality is too low.

    What does that mean?

    Any track encoded with a bit-rate of 96 Kbps or lower is ineligble for iTunes Match. If you have any low bit-rate songs in your library you can right-click the song and choose "Create AAC Version."

     

    MacDenney wrote:

     

    There is a 200mb limit and songs that can go to the iCloud. How do I determine a song files' size?  

    Pull down View > View Options and select "size." This will add a column to your iTunes browser that will show you how large your music files are.

     

    MacDenney wrote:

     

    Will ALL of my music files still be available on my iMac after an iTunes

    Match procedure?  And will all of these be available on my iOS devices?

    Yes and yes.

  • roebeet Level 2 (430 points)

    Search the forum here as there are a few about vinyl needledrop tests that some of us have done.  The short answer is "don't expect 100% matching".  

     

    EDIT: https://discussions.apple.com/message/16783085#16783085