Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 10.5.2.11 store not loading

I just updated to iTunes 10.5.2.11 and the store will not load. The store has not loaded since the last three updates of iTunes 10.5 version. I am using a Windows 7 64bit system.

Any ideas?

- Mark

Windows 7

Posted on Dec 23, 2011 8:31 PM

13 replies

Dec 23, 2011 9:24 PM in response to HereIBlog

Right mouse click iTunes icon and choose "Run As administrator.

If that doesnot work

Lets see if this file APSDaemon.exe is the problem here.

Close your iTunes.

Press Ctrl-Alt-Del key and choose Task Manager. In the "Processes" Tab, select the file APSDaemon.exe and click End Prosses button, then close the task manager window.

Now open itunes and see if it is working?

Dec 23, 2011 11:13 PM in response to HereIBlog

You may need to uninstall & Reinstall iTunes:

Follow the steps here:

1. Go to Microsoft website to fix install and Unistall problems. Click "Run now" from Fix it to remove all iTunes & related installer files:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

Be aware that Windows Installer CleanUp Utility will not remove the actual program from your computer. However, it will remove the installation files so that you can start the installation, upgrade, or uninstall over.

2. You should remove all instances of iTunes and the rest of the components listed below:

it may be necessary to remove all traces of iTunes, QuickTime, and related software components from your computer before reinstalling iTunes.

Use the Control Panel to uninstall iTunes and related software components in the following order:

1. iTunes
  2. QuickTime
  3. Apple Software Update
  4. Apple Mobile Device Support
  5. Bonjour
  6. Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later)

Follow the instructions from Apple article listed here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1923 to remove all components

3. Reboot your computer. Next, download iTunes from here:http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ and install from scratch

Dec 29, 2011 8:12 PM in response to HereIBlog

OMG, thanks wiclee!! After 3 days of un-installing, re-installing, flushing, clearing, reloading, updating, e-mailing different support desks, crying, and drinking heavily.....all I had to do was freaking right click on the itunes icon and click on Run As Administrator. Why didn't I look here first????? Runs for the first time in who knows how long....I am scared to close it and go to bed. LOL

Happy New Year

Dec 29, 2011 11:02 PM in response to HereIBlog

Herelblog,

Let's check if any Windows system files corruption that prevents your program from working:

Go to command prompt (START/ALL PROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES right mouse click "command prompt" and choose "Run as Administrator"

type in

sfc /scannow

let Windows fix any system files that need to be repairedor updated.

Restart the computer.

Try again.

Jan 4, 2012 9:53 PM in response to HereIBlog

Any luck finding a resolution to this problem? I seem to have a similar problem. Running Win7 64bit, running Genius in Itunes, recently updated Itunes a couple of updates back to 10.5.2.11. Now it will no longer take my one word Apple ID and password.

Tried to reset password but could not get an email back to reset password - so I went online and used my email address, then requested an email be sent to reset my password. Now I only seem to have an account with my full email address as an Apple ID which is not linked to my billing information. How can I get back to my single word Apple ID?

I have yet to uninstall and reinstall Itunes but have tried running Itunes as Administrator and checked for APSDaemon.exe without any luck. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Jan 4, 2012 11:08 PM in response to kennedyport

KennedyPort

Unable to fix corrupted files because the files were in use. There is possibility that your system is hit with a malware.

Start your computer in "Safe mode with networking", go to CNET's download.com to download a free version of Malwarebyte. Install and perform update immediately, then do a full SCAN. Remove malware if it indeed finds any. Restart computer to regular windows to let Malwarebyte complete the removal.

To start your computer in safe mode

1. Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer.
    Click the Start button User uploaded file, click the arrow next to the Shut Down button User uploaded file, and then click Restart.
  2. Do one of the following:

If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you'll need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.

1. If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to start in safe mode, and then press F8.

2. On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the "safe mode with networking" option, and then press Enter. For more information about options, see Advanced startup options (including safe mode).
  3. Log on to your computer with a user account that has administrator rights.

When your computer is in safe mode, you'll see the words Safe Mode in the corners of your screen. To exit safe mode, restart your computer and let Windows start normally.

Jan 15, 2012 12:41 PM in response to wiclee

I have the same problem on XP sp3. I tried a lot of these tips and without result. This is since the appearance of TuneUp. Again a so-called "useful" application.

Apple Programmers, please K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple and Stupid. I do not want to be suggest to do something, I don't want to be warned of this of that, Geniused or pinged... In the past, Itunes loaded on my pc in less than 10 seconds and it worked. Now, It blocks my computer and I can not buy music anymore !!!!! Apple programmers, you are working against your business !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want a LITE version !!!!

A very disappointed and disillusioned customer

Jan 18, 2012 9:53 PM in response to HereIBlog

I have the same problem. Downloaded and installed iTunes version 10.5.2.11 on my Notebook computer running Vista, can no longer access the iTunes store. Also intsalled fresh iTunes version 10.5.2.11 on my BRAND NEW home computer running Windows 7 and guess what, I still can't access the iTunes store.... Go Figure!! & HELP!!

PS: Have tried running as admin on both PC's to no avail. Talk about fustrating.

iTunes 10.5.2.11 store not loading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.