Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari asks a question when I return to the previous page

I've used a mac for over 10 years now, and I have come across something new and unusual. While using Safari and my trackpad to roam the internet I often return to the previous page when reading news itetms to open another news story. However, sometimes when I scroll or "gesture" to the previous page, I get this message from Safari:

"Are you sure you want to send a form again?

To reoopen this page Safari must resend a form. This might result in duplicate purchases, comments, or other actions"

It seems to happen most frequently when I'm on the MacDailyNews website--a site where I don't purchase, comment, or do other actions. LOL

Any idea why I'm getting this message? I simply click CANCEL and I am taken to the appropriate page so there's no harm done, but this does get a little annoying and I'd like to resolve the issue if possible.

Thanks for any input you may offer!

2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iMac, Mac OS X (10.7), 1 Tb of storage

Posted on Dec 24, 2011 5:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2011 5:43 AM

As I guess you know, this normally happens when you are returning to a page you have previously visited and in which you have entered some text or something. Sometimes it happens if the page got chosen somehow via various radio buttons and so forth. This phenomenon should be completely reproducible depending upon the page you are going back TO. And whether this happens erroneously or not is probably contingent on the way the page you are going to was written.

Regarding the page you are returning to - not from (sorry to make you repeat yourself): You don't type a single thing there? No text boxes get filled? Do you have the URL of this website?

charlie

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2011 5:43 AM in response to James Williams2

As I guess you know, this normally happens when you are returning to a page you have previously visited and in which you have entered some text or something. Sometimes it happens if the page got chosen somehow via various radio buttons and so forth. This phenomenon should be completely reproducible depending upon the page you are going back TO. And whether this happens erroneously or not is probably contingent on the way the page you are going to was written.

Regarding the page you are returning to - not from (sorry to make you repeat yourself): You don't type a single thing there? No text boxes get filled? Do you have the URL of this website?

charlie

Safari asks a question when I return to the previous page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.