Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iTunes keeps opening on its own HELP!!

I really need help here. I have Googled this for a while now, and I can't find any fix. My iTunes will just spontaneously open on its own, sometimes it'll play the first song in my library and other times it won't. This has been going on for a few months now, through multiple versions of the iTunes software. Currently, I am using version 10.5 on Snow Leopard (OSX 10.6.8). I do not have plug ins that interact with iTunes installed anywhere on my computer, nor do I have widgets for iTunes. I do have devices I connect to iTunes, but I've disabled the Wi-Fi sync, thinking that was the culprit. It actually seemed to work at first when I did it, but now the problem is back in full swing and I've now gotten to the point where I need to store the iTunes app in the trash so the computer no longer has access to open it. I tried entering in "killall iTunes" into Terminal, based off a suggestion I read somehwere else, and it of course quits the program, but then iTunes just opens up again 5 seconds later. Has anyone found the reason this is happening? I see a lot of similar complaints, but NO answers and Apple support seems to be blind to the issue. I would appreciate any advice I could get on the matter, thank you.

Posted on Dec 24, 2011 11:49 AM

2 replies

My iTunes keeps opening on its own HELP!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.