Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro 9 vs. Logic Studio

Does the $199 Logic Pro 9 come with all of the Jam Packs, extra sounds, voices, etc. as Logic Studio? Am I just giving up Main Stage 2 and Soundtrack Pro 3? I will only be using this for home recording (upgrading from Garage Band).

THANKS!

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 24, 2011 12:14 PM

6 replies

Dec 25, 2011 10:33 AM in response to JosephD.

Thanks for the answers everyone. JosephD. I agree that it doesn't look that way because of the size (19GB on DL vs. 38GB on Discs) but others have commented that it "comes with all the Jam Packs" so I'm hoping it may be just a compression thing....

At any rate it will soon be a moot point as the $499 version is getting hard to find and even harder to justify for my application. I sure hate to miss out on all those extra sounds, though, as it seems vst plug ins and 3rd party software just seem to add to the complexity and potential instability of things....

Does anyone know for sure? Is there anyone at Apple monitoring this board that can just tell me straight up? Or anyone that for some reason has the one version and kows someone else that has the other?

Thanks again for all the replies!

Dec 26, 2011 5:06 AM in response to keithfromsaint augustine

Right after Thanksgiving, I purchased Logic Studio and did so, not understanding that Logic Studio is a package bundle that contains several different apps in it. I won't be at my home computer until later tomorrow, but Logic Pro 9 is just one of those applications. The others that I can remember are Waveburner, Mainstage, some kind of program that allows you to put music to videos (I believe this program is something you use in conjunction with, or after you have used Final Cut Pro), and Logic Node. I haven't looked at Logic Node, but I think what it allows you to do is to harness the power of more than one computer to run your programs/produce music, etc. I believe there are one or two more other programs in the Logic Studio bundle, but I'll have to look when I get home. I can also look in Logic Pro and tell you what all it has in terms of jampacks, if that will tell you if anything different is in the version that comes with Logic Studio or not.

Regards

Joyce

Logic Pro 9 vs. Logic Studio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.