Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Call does not end

Having problem with my iPhone 4s. Call does not end and unable to make or hear any call

Posted on Dec 24, 2011 12:50 PM

14 replies

Jan 4, 2012 7:42 PM in response to Kumarb22

I am having the exact same issue. I had my iPhone 4s for exactly 2 months. The problem first manifested itself Dec.31 when I tried to call out. Was not getting a dial tone despite full signal strength.Tried hanging up to try again but screen got stuck at "ending call". Tried hitting home button and going back to phone. Still stuck. Rebooted phone still would not allow me to proceed with call. Other party was able to hear me but I could not hear them. Tried resetting phone but of no use. Had to do a full restore with iTunes to fix the problem. It was ok for a few days but today the same problem occurred twice. The phone section is virtually useless as I cannot make or receive calls. Also noticed that this affects the text messaging as well. Before this I've had the iPhone 3G for 3 years without a problem yet this iPhone 4s has issues after only 2 months.

Jan 26, 2012 8:23 AM in response to Michaelf9989

I don't think it's 3G problem. My guess is that it's either the operating system ios5 glitch or the phone itself. I have heard from a couple of friends that had a problem free phone for a few months when this problem is occurring to them as well. I fortunately am still covered under warranty and have had my phone replaced. So far so good. iPhone is a great gadget but Apple needs to focus on perfecting the phone performance instead of trying to throw every feature imaginable into its design.

Feb 7, 2012 4:22 AM in response to Kumarb22

Hi,

I have an iPhone 4. This started happening after I upgraded to the latest update. IOS 5.0.1. Now I always have this problem if I turn off my phone and turn it back on, but I have a full proof solution. It works every time but it's a pain that I have to do this. Next update will hopefully fix this

This is what you do:

Turn 3G and cellular data on

Then put flight mode on and after 3 seconds turn flight mode on. This will make it work

Turn cellular data and 3G off if u don't use it

Feb 24, 2012 1:07 AM in response to Kumarb22

This seems to have been a common problem for a few years and if you look around the forums you will find a lot of discussions about it. Most of the solutions that are offered involve performing one of the many iPhone reset options. When I had the problem, around 3 months ago, I tried them all and none of them worked.

I then, uintentionally, let my phone battery discharge completely overnight. I recharged the next morning and I've not had the problem since. I assume that the reset caused by the flat battery cured the problem.

I didn't lose any data but if you're going to try this, I suggest you ensure that your phone is backed up first.

I hope this helps.

Call does not end

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.