Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating Aperture Properly from 2.1.4

Previously I gave up on Aperture because my computer was too slow to manage it without me pulling my hair out, however I've now got a modern machine and want to apply the updates. Can someone recommend how I should go about this. Is there a single update that will bring the app current, or do I need to incrementally apply every update in the series of updates. For instance, there are some updates that say they are for users of Snow Leopard, should I skip those?

I'm running 10.7.2 on a Mac Pro 2.8 QC

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), 2.8 Quad Core

Posted on Dec 24, 2011 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2011 11:52 PM

The upgrade from Aperture 2 to Aperture 3 is not free, so you will have to buy an upgrade licence. AP 2.1.4 was the last free upgrade.

I'd recommend to buy the current version AP 3 version from the App Store http://itunes.apple.com/de/app/aperture/id408981426?mt=12, and not the boxed upgrade from AP 2 to AP 3. The AppStore version is much cheaper, and the licence is valid on all machines you own.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 24, 2011 11:52 PM in response to Sweejak

The upgrade from Aperture 2 to Aperture 3 is not free, so you will have to buy an upgrade licence. AP 2.1.4 was the last free upgrade.

I'd recommend to buy the current version AP 3 version from the App Store http://itunes.apple.com/de/app/aperture/id408981426?mt=12, and not the boxed upgrade from AP 2 to AP 3. The AppStore version is much cheaper, and the licence is valid on all machines you own.

Updating Aperture Properly from 2.1.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.