Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

iCal Dock Date is Always Wrong

262 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 11, 2006 8:28 PM by Ferd II RSS
Lizz Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Feb 11, 2006 12:12 PM
What setting can I change so that the iCal icon in the dock displays the current date. Unless the calendar is open, the dock dates shows July 17. Very annoying. I don't need to keep the calendar open, but I would like to see the current date.
iBook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.4), 30yrs on Windows: New to Apple--Happy, but CLUELESS.
  • Ferd II Level 7 Level 7 (23,215 points)
    Feb 11, 2006 1:54 PM (in response to Lizz)
    Lizz,

I do not intend to annoy you any further, but the iCal behavior that you are observing is "hard wired" default.

I just "Hide" iCal and accept the fact that iCal is open. It uses 0.00% CPU and 4.00 MB Real Memory without degradation to system performance.

;~)
    iMac G4 17 LCD 80 GB 1.25GHZ 768 MB DDR SDRAM; iMac DV SE Graphite, Mac OS X (10.4.4), 20GB iPod Color
  • Ferd II Level 7 Level 7 (23,215 points)
    Feb 11, 2006 8:28 PM (in response to Lizz)
    ;~)
    iMac G4 17 LCD 80 GB 1.25GHZ 768 MB DDR SDRAM; iMac DV SE Graphite, Mac OS X (10.4.4), 20GB iPod Color

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.