Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rendering action? and ffects alwasy apply to entire track?

I'm using the Pitch Shifter II and Vocal Transformer to apply to small segment of my audio. My audio is 2 tracks sent out from FCP 7 as a SoundTrack Pro Audio file (note I did not select Multi-Track).

I'll admit that I'm not a regular user of SoundTrack Pro so my knowledge is limited ... I'm primarily a Logic Pro person and haven't used SoundTrack Pro much at all.

What I'm trying to do is apply Vocal Transformer effect to a selected (segment of my audio) only, NOT the entire track. I can't seem to accomplish this? Whenever I setup the values I want to use in the Vocal Transformer, it applies them to the entire track regardless of what I have selected in the waveform display.

If I "Render to Action" I get the same results the entire audio track is render not just my selection.

I must be missing something basic, but how the heck to I have an Effect applied to just my selected audio segment and not the entire audio file? Or, does this HAVE to be Multi-track (FCP 7 Send To SoundTrack Pro Multi-track audio) in order to work the way I want it?

Thanks, Rob.

Posted on Dec 24, 2011 1:57 PM

There are no replies.

Rendering action? and ffects alwasy apply to entire track?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.