Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Want to upgrade to Lion, but some key programs do not run on it. Can I dual boot with Snow Lepoard, Leopard or Tiger?

Namely Nikon Scan which I like better than VuScan or the other programs out there does not work on Lion. I was thinking of maybe buying an older G4 mini just to run it, but thought it might by more economical to just dual boot. Nikon scan will work on Snow Leopard as I do it now, but others have had trobule, It actually was built to work with Tiger, and it also works on Leopard no problem. Thoughts on the best way to accomplish this? I think I have my Snowleopard Disc that came with the iMac.

Thanks in advance and of course, happy holidaze to all.

Barry Fisher

27'iMAC, 10.6.8; MBP, 10.7.2-OTHER, Various Ext HD's, Scanners, printer

Posted on Dec 24, 2011 4:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2011 4:56 PM

Use the Disk Utility in the /Applications/Utilities/ folder to create a new partition and install an OS onto it. This may disable Boot Camp if you use it.

(62556)

5 replies

Dec 25, 2011 10:31 PM in response to Barry Fisher

Barry Fisher wrote:

Thanks Niel and Woodmeister50. Woodmiester, so just make a bootable clone on a disk and then upgrade my regular hardrive to Lion and when I want to use the Nikon ware, just boot into the cloned drive? That sounds easy enough. Thanx.

It'll work fine. Maintaining clones of OS X on other partitions or drives is very standard procedure for developers testing advance copies of future OS X or other situations where they need to have two or more OS X versions.

Want to upgrade to Lion, but some key programs do not run on it. Can I dual boot with Snow Lepoard, Leopard or Tiger?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.