13 Replies Latest reply: Jan 13, 2012 11:48 AM by sachit
sachit Level 1 (0 points)

Guys please let me know because I am planning to buy one for my daughter as her christmas gift.

iPhone 4, 32GB Black, iOS 5.1
  • shldr2thewheel Level 7 (25,865 points)

I wouldn't hesitate to buy one. Just realize that they are not meant to be used on a lap or blanket etc.  They need to be used on a flat surface such as a table in order to allow for proper ventilation.

• Thomas Harnish Level 1 (20 points)

Santa brought me one and Ive been using it for several hours including watching video. No heating problem whatsoever on my lap and now in bed.

• sachit Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks guys. I bought one.

Great.  I'm sure your daughter will be very happy with it

• Patoche360 Level 1 (0 points)

I bought mine a month ago.... and heating issues started this 2 days ago - I don't play games or edit videos... Just the most every day simple tasks, like emailing. That's why I'm looking for answers on this forum. Good luck with yours..!

Very Happy.

Glad to hear!

Heating issues like.... Could you please explain

Mine is working fine till now no issues as such. Its getting warm but its same as like my current Dell XPS

I bought one for my daughter now I am thinking to get one for myself or should I wait and test the first one..

I don't know... It used to be fine - e.g. feel like a normal warming temperature... - but now after about a minute, the fan goes on like crazy and it gets hot (not just a bit warm) and gets worse the more I stay. I tried to compare my temperature and rpm with other people's (on internet forums). And my numbers seem high - now I have 6107 rpm and 87 temperature - it's ususally between that and 90...

And it just doesn't feel normal. I never dropped the Mac, I always to put it on safe materials while using it so that it doesn't overheat. The only 'wrong' thing I could think of is using another Macbook pro's cord (13'' as mine) a few times...

I'm worried that the unit they gave me didn't have a manufacturing problem to start with - on the 3rd day I used it, it froze..! And there weren't that many applications opened... I feel a bit hacked .

My friend who got a previous version of the macbook pro told me hers get hots and the fan gets loud too but she feels it's normal. She says I should just be careful net to let it overheat too much... I feel this is the worst it can get after a minute or two so I never use it for a long time anymore... I hope to get it checked at a store when I get a chance... But I would need to travel for that (not in the US). For the moment, I feel handicaped...

I'll keep you posted if I find out what's wrong with it... Good luck to you though

I just saw my friend's computer and it's nothing like mine - hers is normal. So my issue might be unusual... I guess I should have checked my astrology before making the purchase !

Normal like? Can u disclose the temp of the CPU and fan speed of your friend's mac.

Can u please disclose the temps of the cpu and fan speed.

MIne with the App store, itunes, safari, Mail, Twitter app opened

CPU - 45c - 49c

Fan - 2000rpm