Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My itunes will not open on my laptop anymore. I tried reinstalling it and checking the compatability mode and it still will not open. I have windows 7. Please help!!

My itunes will not open on my laptop I have windows 7

Windows 7

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 12:22 AM

12 replies

Dec 25, 2011 11:06 PM in response to marg139

Remove SC Info.sidb file

(This applies to Win7 or Vista)

From the Start menu, click Computer.

In the Organize menu, click Folder and Search Options.

User uploaded file

Click the View tab.

In the "Advanced settings" pane under "Hidden files and folders" make sure that the "Show hidden files and folders" option is selected.

User uploaded file

• Click OK.
  • Navigate to the following location by either typing it into the address bar, copying and pasting it into the address bar, or clicking through the folder hierarchy listed: C:\Program Data\Apple Computer\iTunes\SC Info
  • Right-click the SC Info.sidb file shown and on the shortcut menu, click Delete.
  • Right-click the SC Info.sidd file shown and on the shortcut menu, click Delete. User uploaded file
  • Restart the computer and open iTunes.

My itunes will not open on my laptop anymore. I tried reinstalling it and checking the compatability mode and it still will not open. I have windows 7. Please help!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.