Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

1TB Time Capsule Constantly Spinning and won't back up

1. I have a 1TB Time Capusle and while the computer is sleeping, the time capusle is clicking away doing something and always VERY warm.
  2. Also, the iMac it's connected to has a 1TB drive and I'm only using 82GB. The backup drive is full for some reason and won't back up. I gives me a warning and then takes me to the settings where it says it'll delete the oldest back up once full, but it's not doing that...

What's wrong here? Is this TC corrupt?

How can I fix it? I'm currently doing a Verify and Repair of the TC in Disk Utility. I'll report back in a couple hours when it's done, but if anyone has any other suggestions, let me know...

Happy Holidays...

Scott

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 4:12 AM

1 reply

Dec 25, 2011 12:41 PM in response to sjgreenberg

sjgreenberg wrote:

. . .

Also, the iMac it's connected to has a 1TB drive and I'm only using 82GB. The backup drive is full for some reason and won't back up.

Time Machine will, eventually, fill all the empty space available to it. If you've had it for quite a while, it may be normal.

But there are some things that will cause extra-large backups. See #D4 in Time Machine - Troubleshooting for some common culprits and ways to figure out just what's going on.

I gives me a warning and then takes me to the settings where it says it'll delete the oldest back up once full

There's different handling, and different warnings, depending on what version of OSX you're on. See #C4 in the same link.

1TB Time Capsule Constantly Spinning and won't back up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.