Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP! How do I get a new Apple ID, on my new Ipod?

I just got my new Ipod touch for christmas, and there is a problem. It put my firend's old Apple ID account on my Ipod, instead of mine or my dads. She no longer has an Ipod so I can't use her account anyway, and I cannot download apps or anything because of this. What can I do?

iPod touch

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 8:45 AM

3 replies

Dec 25, 2011 8:53 AM in response to haleynewport18

- Create a new Apple ID:

How do I get an Apple ID?

You may already have an Apple ID, and you only need one for everything you do with Apple. If you aren't sure, visit My Apple ID and click "Find out."

If you don't have an Apple ID, you can create one at My Apple ID. You can also create one by signing up for an Apple service (such as an iTunes Store or iCloud). You should use your primary email address as your Apple ID.

You do not need to create a separate Apple ID for each Apple service. A single Apple ID can be used to access all other Apple services.

- Next it is prefered that you restore you iPod to factory defaults/new iPod using your new ID. Yu can also go to Settings>Store and sign ou of the old account and sign into the new one.

HELP! How do I get a new Apple ID, on my new Ipod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.