Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

kindle Fire and Airport Extreme connection problems

hello, i bought a Kindle Fire for my wife. i have an all Mac Network at home using an Airport Extreme base station (looks like the Jupiter 2). it can't seem to connect. it sees it in the wirless list and has a strong signal, but can't connect.

i have used both the passphrase password and the hexi password. it times out, when attempting to connect, and gives no other error message. when i look at the attempts to connect, i can see it is looking for the IP address, but it never seems to get it.

Kindle postings says that i can't use the paraphrase and that mac filtering has to bee disabled. i have had PC's and smart phones connect to my wirless using both the paraphrase and hexi passwords with no problems.

Any ideas?

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 9:33 AM

4 replies

Dec 25, 2011 11:52 AM in response to GilTaylor

did this:

1. Open the AirPortUtility

2. Double click on the network with the green dot next to it on the left-hand side of the screen that comes up.

3. At the top of the next window that comes up, click once on AirPort

4. The click once on Wireless

5. Change the Radio Mode to the option that ends with b/g (not the one with n in it).

6. Try having the Channel Selection on automatic, or change it to manual and then pick channel 6 (tried both, currently set to 6)

7. Go to Access Control and made sure MAC Address Access Control is not enabled, it wasn't but i toggled the setting anyways

8. At the bottom of the AirPort window that you are on choose Update.

9. click on Internet in Wireless

10. Click on TCP/IP

11. copied info down.

a. From the Home screen, tap Menu and select Settings.

b. Select Wi-Fi Networks to display a list of detected Wi-Fi networks.

c. If your network is listed, tap on it. (If it is not listed, tap on Join and enter the network’s name and password, and tap Connect).

d. it never connects, it will just say "obtaining IP address."

e. mannual configuration under advanced: it connects but i get an "X" in the area immediately to the right of the wireless singnal stregth indicator and i can do nothing on ammazon, including completion of the registration.

kindle Fire and Airport Extreme connection problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.