Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can´t share any projects

When I try to share either to Media browser or apple devices I get this error immediately.

User uploaded file

I am able to use export media. The problem is that I can´t take that file and put it in compressor, cuz compressor just quits when I try that. I have tried to verifiy disk, repiar permissions and even used "preference manager" to clean up what I assume are the plists.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 2:57 PM

14 replies

Dec 26, 2011 9:31 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

I tried all sort of different media in different projects just to see if it worked. The one I screenshotted the project properties was:

User uploaded file

The media itself is:

User uploaded file

Another thing is, that after I have imported media into FCPX, and then i restart the program, the media is gone (well not gone but like this:)

User uploaded file

Doesn´t seem that the imported media stays in place. I also made another tread about the issue here https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3561961?answerId=16992011022#16992011022 where I explain more in detail when the problems started.

Dec 26, 2011 9:44 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

It describes that the problems started after my HD crashed, and I got a new HD installed and uses Timecapsule to get my backup over to my new HD.

Playback preferences: Original or optimized media.

Info from the movie inspector in QT:

User uploaded file

The project doesn´t reappear when I quit FCPX, and restart it, thatś why the project change. When I test it, I just import the small file that you see above, mark a small portion of it and toss it into a new project, go to share and then I get "failed" as shown in my first screenshot.

Dec 26, 2011 10:09 AM in response to Gunfighter

I read that I should trash these:

FCPX preference files located here:

User > Library > Preferences > com.apple.FinalCut.plist and

User > Library > Preferences > com.apple.FinalCut.LSSharedFileList.plist.

The strange thing is that I can´t find them!

I tried to do a finder search of "Final Cut" - this is what turned up:

User uploaded file

In other words I can´t seem to find the preferences. Im sorry in advance for beis so non-technical.

Dec 26, 2011 10:38 AM in response to Gunfighter

That's not good. I assume you have close the application normally since you last used Preference Manager. The prefs are created when the application closes, which is why they are often corrupted if the app crashes and the prefs weren't properly recorded. But if you're not getting any prefs, that's a bad sign, again pointing to a system issue like a premissions problem. Are you an admin user BTW?

Dec 26, 2011 10:51 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

I am an admin user and the only user I deleted the useraccount I created when I used time capsule to populate my hd, (the user account I have now is the one I got fom time capsule but I had to give it a new name). I figure I did something wrong there. Maybe I should try to delete my hd, and reinstall everything using time capsule and then just reimporting my previous account that are kept on my time capsule (and don´t create a new account).

Can´t share any projects

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.