Skip navigation

Can´t share any projects

364 Views 14 Replies Latest reply: Jan 3, 2012 10:57 AM by Gunfighter RSS
Gunfighter Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Dec 25, 2011 2:57 PM

When I try to share either to Media browser or apple devices I get this error immediately.

Skjermbilde 2011-12-25 kl. 23.51.47.png

I am able to use export media. The problem is that I can´t take that file and put it in compressor, cuz compressor just quits when I try that. I have tried to verifiy disk, repiar permissions and even used "preference manager" to clean up what I assume are the plists.

Anyone have any suggestions? 

• Tom Wolsky Level 10 Level 10 (104,630 points)
    Dec 25, 2011 4:35 PM (in response to Gunfighter)

Wait till the background processes finish before you export?

Dec 26, 2011 8:38 AM (in response to Gunfighter)

Then let's go into exactly what's in the project, the specs of your media, and the project properties. What exactly was that background process all about?

Dec 26, 2011 9:34 AM (in response to Gunfighter)

I'm not seeing what in that thread is relevant to this. It has to do with Compressor install, no?

Don';t give info from the Finder. It's useless and often incorrect for video. Give info from movie inspector in the QT player.

Is playback preferences set to original or proxy? Why did the project change from the top display to this display?

Dec 26, 2011 9:49 AM (in response to Gunfighter)

Thanks. That all looks good and should work.

Try trashing prefs and repairing permissions. If the message is coming up instantly after you start the export it sounds as if it's related to a system problem, how or where it's being saved.

Dec 26, 2011 10:15 AM (in response to Gunfighter)

You have to search for finalcut with no space. It should be there if you ever closed the application normally.

Dec 26, 2011 10:38 AM (in response to Gunfighter)

That's not good. I assume you have close the application normally since you last used Preference Manager. The prefs are created when the application closes, which is why they are often corrupted if the app crashes and the prefs weren't properly recorded. But if you're not getting any prefs, that's a bad sign, again pointing to a system issue like a premissions problem. Are you an admin user BTW?

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.