3 Replies Latest reply: Dec 25, 2011 10:22 PM by sookite
sookite Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

Merry Christmas

My iPhoto has been working just fine until today when it will not open. I Have followed the scipts, opening up with Option/Command but no luck.

I tried restoring from my Time Machine/Capsule backup as of yesterday at 3pm when I know it was working.

I get as far as selecting the back up and "open with iPhoto" and click on the small Library icon but nothing happens.

Where am i going worng.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thank you

• sookite Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

I should add that my photos are all there as I can see them in System Preferences/desktop

Maybe I need to reload iPhoto but don't know how to do that. i have the latest application.

Any help . Thanks

• Terence Devlin Level 10 Level 10 (128,875 points)

Download iPhoto Library Manager and use its rebuild function. This will create a new library based on data in the albumdata.xml file. Not everything will be brought over - no slideshows, books or calendars, for instance - but it should get all your albums and keywords back.

Because this process creates an entirely new library and leaves your old one untouched, it is non-destructive, and if you're not happy with the results you can simply return to your old one.  

• sookite Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

Thank you. I have also downloaded This program.

it says;

"The album data for this library could not be found.

Opening this library in iPhoto will cause the album data file willl cause the album data file to be created"

I don't know where to go from here.