Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Unreadable "

Merry Christmas

My iPhoto has been working just fine until today when it will not open. I Have followed the scipts, opening up with Option/Command but no luck.

I tried restoring from my Time Machine/Capsule backup as of yesterday at 3pm when I know it was working.

I get as far as selecting the back up and "open with iPhoto" and click on the small Library icon but nothing happens.

Where am i going worng.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thank you

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 3:37 PM

3 replies

Dec 25, 2011 10:15 PM in response to sookite

Download iPhoto Library Manager and use its rebuild function. This will create a new library based on data in the albumdata.xml file. Not everything will be brought over - no slideshows, books or calendars, for instance - but it should get all your albums and keywords back.

Because this process creates an entirely new library and leaves your old one untouched, it is non-destructive, and if you're not happy with the results you can simply return to your old one.

"Unreadable "

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.