Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2/Numbers How-To Add Row Below

I'm creating an invoice sheet that I'd like to add like I do in Numbers in OSX

In Numbers on OSX I just press the ALT-Down Arrow to create a row below the previous product line item.

I'm trying to figure out a way to accomplish this on the ipad 2 using iOS 5 and Numbers

For example, in the image attached, I want to add a productname2 below Product Name Here line.

User uploaded file

Thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), MacBook Pro | MacBook Air | iPad 2

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 3:49 PM

5 replies

Dec 26, 2011 10:08 AM in response to Applexometa

The easiest way is to use the iPad Numbers Form feature.

At the top of the sheet find the "+" tab and tap it. Select new form and base it on the table that you use for the invoice.

If your table is anything like the Invoice Template that came with Numbers, a Form will be created that allows line entry into your table and when you get to the bottom of the invoice list of products will creates a new row. (Use the "+" on the bottom of the form to make new items.

The footer calculations should include the new row's data automatically.

Good luck.

May 2, 2016 1:59 PM in response to Applexometa

If your bottom subtotal/tax/total rows are formatted as footer rows, its even easier than tapping the row header. Just tap the circle at the bottom of the rows list (bottom left side of the table). It will add a single row above subtotal (the highest footer row), Ready for you to enter your next invoice item at the bottom of the list.

iPad 2/Numbers How-To Add Row Below

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.