Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari issue

Just updated my imac with the mac os x 10.6.8 update combo v 1.1. While running Safari, I am getting the following error - Java PlugIn2_NPAPI (safari internet plug in) quit unexpectedly.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 5:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2011 6:09 PM

Try this update > Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 6

7 replies

Dec 30, 2011 4:33 PM in response to blu_ice

Launch the Console application by entering the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search, and look under "User Diagnostic Reports" for crash logs related to WebProcess or PluginProcess. Select the most recent one and post the contents -- the text, please, not a screenshot. For privacy’s sake, I suggest you edit out the “Anonymous UUID,” a long string of letters, numbers, and dashes in the header of the report.

Dec 30, 2011 5:00 PM in response to blu_ice

Did you update your OS from an earlier version. I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and I looked at all my java plugins and I could not find that plugin. Now you may have some apps. installed that I don't. Such as photoshop or appleworks that also use java plugins for internet. If you can find it in the finder and find out what app. it's for you might be able to delete it. I went to apple downloads and I find no download for it I looked in safari-help- plugins for the java too. You could look in there too. My OS is not an update from an older OS. So ours are probably not the same.

Safari issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.