Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the best ergonomic keyboard for Mac?

Greetings,

Based on my profession and over time, using the standard keyboard which came with my MacPro has finally ended in my needing wrist surgery. My hand surgen strongly recommends using an ergonomic keyboard, however I cannot seem to find such a keyboard in the Apple Store. All recommendations are welcome.

Thanks, Scott

Posted on Dec 26, 2011 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2011 4:08 PM

Any USB keyboard can be made to work.

What you want out of a keyboard overrides the need for having default assignments for volume and brightness keys and such.

7 replies

Dec 27, 2011 10:18 AM in response to Scotttt

Thank you both. My doctor stated that these keyboards are somewhat of a personal choice based on what feels good/works for each individual. One he suggested is the Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 which I am now testing. To me the keys feel heavy and sluggish. If it does not work out then I will try the Kinesis brand. It is too bad that Apple does not directly address this issue. I'm sure they could come up with a stylish, functional and ergonomic keyboard if they so desired. Thanks again, Scott

May 7, 2013 3:46 AM in response to Scotttt

I have used many. Also wrist pads, a pad for resting my palm on.

Once paid $135 for Apple split ergonomic back in 1994.

Currently use MS model. Not the 4000 which I didn't like either.

Cumfort Curve 3000 currently.

There was a time when hitting any key would be like electrical jolt.

And wore wrist supports, ace bandage.

RSI/CTS use to be discussed a lot more it seemed to be 15 yrs ago and there was an article on Tidbits about it.

Aug 9, 2013 11:14 PM in response to Scotttt

update: i am working off a Kinesis Advantage Pro that i picked up on a recent trip back to the US, replaced my Ergonomic 4000 for comfortable variance and went over to the Evoluemt Vertical Mouse. the Advantage takes a bit if getting used to but helps me. the Vertical mouse was a very easy switch and the difference was notable immediately - i highly recommend it as a pointing device solution esp coupled w/a trackpad and wish now id bought 2 of them for each hand (for the S10 LEnovo WS and my MBP 13) - and Kinesis makes the best laptop stand i've ever come across: good luck

What is the best ergonomic keyboard for Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.