Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cisco IPSec with certificate

Hi, all.

I'm one that, among many, I've lost the Cisco VPN client because of the 64-bit kernel.

I searched the Cisco groups and this group without any result. That is any result trying to use OS X VPN with certificates!

Other had better luck because they have the couple username/password (or shared secret).

The Cisco client only need my certificate and the one that the CA issued (my organization, BTW).

I wasn't able to insert these certificates, though both of them are in the keychain, the ones I inserted in the Cisco client from, years ago.

OSX VPN in Cisco mode wants a machine certificate, instead. Certificate that doesn't seem to be anywhere in the keychain.

So..

How can I use OS X VPN to log into my organization's net?

Or else, is there a workaround (not involving Cisco to-be-purchased software)?

Thanks,

Dott. Ermanno Polli

LNF-INFN

Posted on Dec 26, 2011 10:55 AM

There are no replies.

Cisco IPSec with certificate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.