Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MagSafe Power Adapter is Leaking Goo

What does it mean when my 85w MagSafe power adapter is leaking a slow-moving clear fluid after being plugged in and warm? Just a hunch, but I don't think it's supposed to do this. It leaks near the plug, from the seam where the molded halves come together.

If it matters, it's around 1 year old, purchased new with my MacBook Pro.

Thanks-

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Dec 26, 2011 4:22 PM

6 replies

Jan 9, 2012 8:57 PM in response to Mark44

I made an appointment at an Apple Store, and it was so fast it was nearly a wordless transaction. I described the problem as part of the appointment request (that the power adapter has been leaking some clear gel-like substance for several weeks). The tech took one look at the adapter, walked into the back and emerged with a replacement. Total transaction time was about 2 minutes.

As an aside, when I first saw the gel I thought somehow it rubbed off on the adapter from somewhere. It didn't immediately occur to me that the substance was leaking from the adapter itself.

Jan 9, 2017 4:11 AM in response to danc256

I am facing the same problem. Some yellow-ish brown gooey liquid is coming out of my MacBook Air charger (bought it around Oct 2016 - three months back). I took it to an Apple authorized service center in Jaipur (India), though and they refused to help me, saying that it's an issue of a liquid spilling on the charger and that is not covered by the warranty. It just pains me to see that apple is so customer unfriendly here.

My MagSafe Power Adapter is Leaking Goo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.