Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match - Two Apple IDs but the Same Person

So before the days of iCloud, I originally used my AOL email as my Apple ID. Then when I signed up for iCloud, I started using my .Mac email as my new Apple ID. Today, I just signed up for iTunes Match using my .Mac Apple ID. Somehow throughout this process my iPhone stayed under my AOL Apple ID. Now my phone is telling me I have to wait 90 days before the "new" Apple ID takes affect and I will then be able to use Match. I have just spent $25 for something I can't even use for 90 days?!?! Really?

As you can imagine, I'm very frustrated because I know this is a simple mistake. I'm worried I just spent $25 for a full year and the first 3 months of that year will go to waste. Can anyone help me? A number I can call? Anything? I'm the same person, paying for music and apps with the same bank account! My Apple IDs just got mixed up.

Thanks!

iPhone 4

Posted on Dec 26, 2011 10:18 PM

3 replies

Dec 28, 2011 11:19 AM in response to KeithJenner

Thanks for the link, but no luck.

They told me that there is absolutely no way to waive the 90 day waiting period regardless if am the same person or not. The only reason I have a new Apple ID was because I assumed I had to make a new Apple ID when I signed up for iCloud. At the end of day, it was my fault but I wish I knew I never had to make a new Apple ID. I would have just stayed with my “old” AOL Apple ID.

With that said, I still think it is ridiculous they can’t waive the 90 day waiting period. I’m the same person! I just have two Apple IDs, and the only reason I have two Apple IDs to begin with was because I felt mislead by Apple’s iCloud. It’s not like I’m trying to share my music illegally with my friends or another person. Its all the same money coming from the same person...me!

Being a die-hard Apple consumer for almost 10 years and convincing my entire family to switch to Mac, today I feel very disappointed in Apple.

iTunes Match - Two Apple IDs but the Same Person

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.