Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pdf files lose the category attribute in iBooks

Hello,

Ever since I upgraded to iOS 5, I have the following problem:

When I add a pdf file to "Books" in iTunes I always add all the different attributes like author, date and most importantly the category.

If later on I transfer the pdf file to iBooks on my iPad 2, the pdf loses all attributes and appear as uncategorised.

This drives me crazy as I have a large collection (several hundreds) of data reference pdfs and the category is vital for finding them.

Cheers

Luca

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1, 64Gb

Posted on Dec 27, 2011 12:27 AM

4 replies

Dec 28, 2011 10:26 AM in response to bbyrdhouse

I noticed as well that while in previous version the book name appearing in iBooks was basically the pdf file name, in iBooks 1.3.2 the book name is taken from the "name" metadata attribute from the pdf file (if the "name" metadata attribute is not there, the file name is taken instead).

Checked a bit further the behaviour and it looks like the problem is appearing for specific pdf files only. Still investigating

Dec 29, 2011 10:28 AM in response to S_eye

I suspect I am having the same problem. I have a library of PDF files that a rename with nicely descriptive names, and these names do appear immediately after import.....but as soon as I click on a file to read it, it reverts to the original filename (usually something like PB-47913mg-2.pdf) which is not helpful. It's making me crazy- anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this? Or barring that, a suggesting of a different PDF reader/organizer?

pdf files lose the category attribute in iBooks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.