Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to convert Graphic-Converter of AppleWorks in Pages?

Hi

I d'like to upgrade to OS X Lion. I know, that I can open AppleWorks-Docs with Pages. But I have made many docs with the Graphic-Converter (fractions, roots etc.). These elements cannot be edited by Pages.

What can I do?

Thanks

Chris

Posted on Dec 27, 2011 12:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2011 1:16 AM

Do you mean Graphic Converter the separate program? This is nothing to do with Appleworks, and creates images in a variety of formats which can be opened by GC in Lion or often by Preview.

You mention fractions,etc: Appleworks has an Equation Editor but it simply places the equations in a WP or other document which if it's WP can be opened by Pages - though I don't know whether you can further edit these once converted - quite possibly it's one of the embedded items Pages can't render.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2011 1:16 AM in response to christian60

Do you mean Graphic Converter the separate program? This is nothing to do with Appleworks, and creates images in a variety of formats which can be opened by GC in Lion or often by Preview.

You mention fractions,etc: Appleworks has an Equation Editor but it simply places the equations in a WP or other document which if it's WP can be opened by Pages - though I don't know whether you can further edit these once converted - quite possibly it's one of the embedded items Pages can't render.

Dec 27, 2011 1:53 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thanks, Roger

I ment the Equation Editor. I tried to write a fraction in the Equation Editor of AppleWorks and to paste it into a Pages-Doc, but I made it with OS 6. It worked, but it's not possible to edit the fraction anymore. I don't know, if the Equation Editor will still run in OS 7. I could use the Equation Editor of Word. So I have at least the possibility to create new terms.

Or do you see an other possibility?

Kind regards

Christian

How to convert Graphic-Converter of AppleWorks in Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.