Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring photos from my Nikon coolpix s7c to my mac causes a "communications error" with the camera and will not transfer photos as it has done in the past. Seems to have stopped working with my Mac Lion upgrade?

iphoto has stopped transferring my photos from my Nikno coolpix s7c camera. Seems like it stopped when I upgraded to Lion? It continues to work with a PC?

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 27, 2011 7:47 AM

9 replies

Dec 27, 2011 7:57 AM in response to tgg267

Do you have a card reader on your machine. If so, don't connect the camera, just use the card. I got fed up using my coolpix 500 camera directly because it was also calling up the nikon software which I had originally installed.

Now I just insert the card and can better decide what I want to do.

I bet the problem is something to do with some Nikon software and not with lion

-Paul-

Aug 2, 2015 7:34 AM in response to tgg267

I tried all of these suggestions and nothing worked. I found an obsure post somewhere that suggested there were too many photos on the memory card. In my example, there were 3000 photos...most of which I had already downloaded. I deleted some of these off the camera and hooked it up to the computer again and it worked!! You may want to try this and see if it works! Good luck.

Transferring photos from my Nikon coolpix s7c to my mac causes a "communications error" with the camera and will not transfer photos as it has done in the past. Seems to have stopped working with my Mac Lion upgrade?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.