If the photos are in the app and or Camera Roll then they will be in a backup.
Connec the iPod to the computer and:
- Transfer iTunes purchases to the computer
- For other music you will need a third-party program like one of those discussed here:
- For synced photos you will need a paid program like PhoneView TouchCopy
- Wiith the iPod connected to the computer make a backup by right clicking on the iPod under Devices in iTunes and selecting Back Up
- Restore the iPod from that backup.
The import pictures using the camera/image transfer program on a computer will only transfer the photos in the iPOd's Camera Roll, not those only in apps or those synced to the iPod. The Camera Roll only contains theos photos takedn by the iPod (4G only), saved photos from email attachment and similar and screen shots.
If you are running Windows or Mac, open up iTunes and clock file, then transfer purchases. This will transfer anything you bought with your Apple ID. To transfer your pictures, if you have Windows it will give you the option to import pictures when you connect your iPod Touch.
I hope this helps