6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2012 7:37 AM by Cumby
Cumby Level 1 Level 1

Just reading some complaints about Lion, although I have talked to people that arent having any issue with it. First, can I upgrade straight to lion from leopard or is there a risk of issues with that. Also wondering if it would be worth trying to get snow and wait a little while for lion to get more bugs worked out?

Solved by Cumby on Jan 14, 2012 7:37 AM Solved
SL definitely quicker overall for me. Also did a memory ugrade which I think has helped imovie some.
  • Tony T1 Level 6 Level 6
    expertise.macosx
    Mac OS X
  • baltwo Level 9 Level 9

Snow Leopard's required. You can't install Lion onto Leopard, since you need the Mac Apple Store app. If you want your machine to mimic an iOS device or play in the clouds, then you'll need Lion. If you have any PPC apps you depend upon, then Lion won't run them.

• a brody Level 9 Level 9
    expertise.classicmacos
    Classic Mac OS

There will always be one more bug, and you can't please everyone all the time.   If you take the proper precautions, Lion can be wonderful.  Even the operating system you have probably has bugs, but the point is, if you need Lion, and you can prepare for it, upgrade to it.  If you don't need Lion, or Snow Leopard for that matter, don't upgrade until you need one or the other.

• Cumby Level 1 Level 1

Isn't snow leopard faster than leopard...supposedly? I dont need it, but adding some memory and want to upgrade/update the family mac some...preferably making it faster especially with videos and pics.

• Tony T1 Level 6 Level 6
    expertise.macosx
    Mac OS X

Cumby wrote:

Isn't snow leopard faster than leopard...supposedly?

If you read the posts in this forum you will see some complaints about Lion, (including speed) and others that arent having any issue with it.

...preferably making it faster especially with videos and pics.

You won't see a noticeable increase in speed with videos and pics

• Cumby Level 1 Level 1

SL definitely quicker overall for me. Also did a memory ugrade which I think has helped imovie some.