Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need Help w/ Updating to 5.0.1, Please

Sorry to open a new thread about this as Ive seen a few about this problem already but I havent been able to get a clear answer.

I have an iPhone 3GS on iOS 4.3.3 and am attempting to update to iOS 5.0.1. Each time I try to update my iPhone I get Error 3194. I got my iPhone way back when the newest softwares were the iOS 3's. Each time Ive went to update my iPhone I have never had any issue, never have gotten any errors before. I have been able to update my iPhone normally and then update it again the next time a new iOS update was released.

Im using a Windows computer and have Windows XP Professional.

This is the first time Ive encounter the 3194 error or any error of any sorts as Ive stated. Ive tried to update and Ive tried to restore my iPhone to factory settings first before updating and Ive gotten the error both ways. Ive updated my iTunes to the new 10.5.2, Ive restarted my computer multiple times, Ive made sure nothing except for my iPhone was plugged into a USB port, Ive made sure all my Windows XP updates were done. I have not unistalled iTunes and reinstall it though.

If uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes does not work, is there anything else I can do that could fix the problem? Is there anything I can do to fix the problem that is faster/easier than uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes?

Im getting an iPhone 4S soon and need to restore my current iPhone 3GS and update it to 5.0.1 so I can sell it. If someone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

iPhone 3GS

Posted on Dec 27, 2011 11:43 AM

2 replies

Dec 27, 2011 9:40 PM in response to squtternutbosh77

you said you're using Windows XP .. if you know someone with Vista or Windows 7 try updating it again on those systems.. xp is pretty buggy since the newer iOS.. go here (http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=750 ) and right click on the 5.01 version for your type of iphone wether it be a 3GS or 4 and save as .ipsw .. then once downloaded open itunes and plug your iphone in hold the shift key and click restore, a new window will open, browse to the downloaded ipsw and see if it will restore..

Need Help w/ Updating to 5.0.1, Please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.