Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Mail not working.

Hi.

For a couple of days now, iCloud Mail has stopped working. I get various error messages depending on what platform I'm trying to access my mail from:

Mac (Port 993): Incorrect username or password.

Mac (Port 143): Server timed out.

iPad: Incorrect email address or password.

iPhone: Incorrect email address or password.

iCloud.com: Cannot load mail.

I can't send or receive mail. All other iCloud functions are logged in and work without any issues. Any ideas? Thanks.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), 17", Core i7 2.67GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB

Posted on Dec 27, 2011 1:17 PM

6 replies

Dec 29, 2011 2:38 PM in response to killa.k

Hi! Sorry I don't have any answers, but misery loves company.

I am having the exact same issue. It started about 2 days ago. I thought something happened to my password, so I fixed that. All other iCloud functions are working and no problems with my apple account or itunes. It says my username or password is incorrect, but it is not. When I try to access the icloud website it allows me to log in, but cannot retrieve my email and reports the problem to Apple. I have tried all of the troubleshooting things except for one. The incoming mail server is p99-imap.mail.me.com and according to the website is should be imap.mail.me.com but it wont allow me to change it.

Help please!

And good luck.

Dec 31, 2011 7:45 AM in response to killa.k

I had the same problem. I went to Apple Support who passed me on to iTunes support who, after a few days, changed my password for me. I asked them to do this as the new password would be more secure. I deleted my account for iCloud from Mail, changed the password to something memorable, set up a new account for iCloud and voila. All aok.🙂

Jan 5, 2012 11:59 AM in response to killa.k

Okay so my mail just started working; I wasn't even trying to fix it- I was just having dinner- and a couple hundred mails popped up on all my devices.

I'm closing this discussion, but thanks for the help and hope you guys' mail get fixed soon! Try clicking "Report to Apple" from iCloud.com in Mail- I did that a lot.

iCloud Mail not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.