Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connection problem behringer x1204 mixer garageband

I cannot seem to connect my behringer xenyx x1204 mixer to garageband. It should just send through the usb, no drivers are needed. I have selected the mono 1 usb audio codec as the input source in system preferences audio, preferences in garageband and when I go to add a new instrument track I select the mic and specify the input/output.

I am using a mac osx version 10.7.2 and garageband version 6.0.4.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), GarageBand

Posted on Dec 27, 2011 1:53 PM

12 replies

Dec 28, 2011 4:40 AM in response to Christoph Drösser

I am trying to record vocals with a phantom powered condenser mic in the mixer but Garageband is acting like its not picking up anything. When I press record no sound is picked up and the green levels lights are not lighting up. I connected the mixer to the free energyxt2 software that came with the mixer last night and it successfully picked up the audio after setting up the iput then garageband worked? Turned laptop back on today and tried the trick of opening energyxt2 first but still nothing is being picked up by garageband.

Apr 21, 2012 10:10 PM in response to lukebthomas

Also, it only ever recognes line 1 and line 2. the 1204fx has 10 tracks. I should be able to record more tracks?

I'm guessing that even though you have 10 inputs you only have 2 outs. You can send any input to channel 1, 2 or both and record two separate tracks at a time.

As for not recording I'm guessing that you don't have either the inputs to outputs on the mixer configured or the correct input selected in garageband.

Apr 22, 2012 9:24 AM in response to lukebthomas

Hi I have mine working now. I'm not quite sure why it wasn't working before. One thing I keep forgetting about this particular mixer is that the gain needs to be set really high like 3/4 of the max for GarageBand. When recording the wav kinda diagram thingy hardly shows anything compared to old mixers I've used in the past through the mic port not USB... But don't be fooled the audio could still be there. Mine shows as USB audio codec. Btw what may have solved my GB glitch (if it wasn't gain all along) is to go into GarageBand on the main application toolbar then preferences then audio/midi then change inputs and outputs to something else you don't want then back to USB audio codec. This appears to get the program to check the drivers or something.

As for recording 2 line ins at once... I wish I knew too. Not sure if that's a restriction of GarageBand compared to Logic or if it's possible.

Sorry about the non technical terminology, I'm a beginner. Hope you get it working :)

Apr 26, 2013 3:21 AM in response to originalvonster

Hi

Rather than using a USB out, please use RCA to stereo cable.

Connect RCA end to Head Phone out on 1204 Fx and the stereo end on input or mic port in iMac

In Garageband, set the input to Built in Input for the audio track where you wanna record. By default this would select Built in Mic.

Probably you may need to keep the volume a little high in 1204Fx. You would be able to get the voice recorded.

Have recorded a few songs like this and this is tested in both iMac and MacBook.

Hope this helps

Connection problem behringer x1204 mixer garageband

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.