Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Me mail on 2 g iPod touch

Can you receive me email on a 2 generation iPod touch?

iPod touch, iOS 4.2

Posted on Dec 27, 2011 3:31 PM

3 replies

Dec 27, 2011 3:39 PM in response to renatefromnull

If you also have an iCloud account I think you can:

Mail
If you want to check your iCloud Mail, you can do so by visiting icloud.com from a Mac or PC (as long as it meets the browser requirements for icloud.com). Alternatively, you can configure a mail application that supports IMAP via SSL for use with iCloud Mail. More information is available here.

Above from:

iCloud: What if my device or computer doesn't meet iCloud system requirements?

Jun 3, 2012 9:27 PM in response to renatefromnull

Same problem for me, but this article by Apple says it is possible (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4929?viewlocale=en_EN&locale=en_EN) however I cannot find any link to switch this on.

To keep using your email

If you want to keep email working on your devices, go to me.com/move from your computer, choose the option to keep using your email after MobileMe ends, and follow the steps. If your devices meet system requirements, you'll also be able to access all of the iCloud features after June 30, 2012, but only on your compatible devices.

Mail

Mail continues to work on devices that don’t meet iCloud requirements.

Any clues anyone?

Me mail on 2 g iPod touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.