Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GM Global Diagnostic System 2 (GDS 2) and the iPad 2

I was looking to purchase the iPad but Apple products are not "recommended".I have my Macbook Pro Running the software but looking for something a little bit more mobile.Here is a link to the GM recomended specs http://www.gmdesolutions.com/pdfs/GM_Dealer_IT_Guidelines_v10-1.pdf

thank you for your time.

iPad

Posted on Dec 27, 2011 8:17 PM

2 replies

Dec 27, 2011 10:15 PM in response to Armandofromredlands

your going to have to just try it.

It will be problematic.

GM requires:

Current version of Java J2SE™ Runtime Environment

IE which means that there could be ActiveX controls.

You could turn off these facilities on a pc & see what happens. You could run the pc version of safari

You could buy a MacBook Air & run Windows on it. It's wouldn't be an officially support system, but it wold meet their hardware requirements. You could run bootcamp or a virtual PC to give you windows.

Robert

Dec 28, 2011 9:40 AM in response to Armandofromredlands

I don't see any indication that GM has a version of their software for iOS at all. The only tablet computers they support, at least according to the document you linked to, are the ones that run Windows 7 (which appears to be the only OS they support; they don't even support Windows XP or Vista systems except for the parts catalog). So the only way I can see that you could "run" their system using an iPad would be to use your iPad to control another computer that runs Windows 7.

Regards.

GM Global Diagnostic System 2 (GDS 2) and the iPad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.