Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone to iTouch can't text

i have an iPhone 4 and we just bought an iTouch for my daughter. the advertisement material indicates we should be able to text or do facetime as long as there is a wifi connection. I can't figure out how to do it.

on the iTouch, when she tries to message, me she gets an error that i am not signed up for iMessage. from the iPhone, i can't see anyway to identify her. do i need another software to message her? the software that came with her iTouch looks like the same messaging software i use. i do know she was able to message her friend that has an iPhone.

What am i doing wrong?

Posted on Dec 27, 2011 8:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2011 8:27 PM

iMessage is a new software by apple that came out with iOS 5. You need to download iOS 5 on your iPhone 4 before you can text your daughter on her iTouch. You can do this by connecting to iTunes with your iPhone and checking for any updates, and it should come up. After that, you'll be able to message your daughter through your iPhone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2011 8:27 PM in response to GilTaylor

iMessage is a new software by apple that came out with iOS 5. You need to download iOS 5 on your iPhone 4 before you can text your daughter on her iTouch. You can do this by connecting to iTunes with your iPhone and checking for any updates, and it should come up. After that, you'll be able to message your daughter through your iPhone.

iPhone to iTouch can't text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.