Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

setting iVPN access = server address

Hi,

I am trying to setup up my iMac G5 (with Leopard 10.5) with iVPN to be able to access it from outside (from a OSX Lion laptop). Meanwhile, I am not sure what to fill in the "server address" part of iVPN on the host computer. I can't have it worked with using the IP, so maybe there is something i do wrong? If anyone has tips 🙂

Y.

iMac G5, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 2:21 AM

2 replies

Dec 28, 2011 6:46 AM in response to Yaann

The G5 would need Leopard Server installed on it. The standard Leopard does not have a VPN Server on it, just the client. There may be other VPN's servers you could install on it. Another possible issue is how your G5 network is configured. Is there a firewall? Ports need to be opened pointing to the VPN server...

A better place for answers would be in one of the server communities.

https://discussions.apple.com/community/servers_enterprise_software/mac_os_x_ser ver_v10.5_and_earlier

setting iVPN access = server address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.