Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp and Lion

If Bootcamp was previously installed prior to upgrading to Lion which does not support this Bootcamp version, am I able to delete/uninstall that version of Bootcamp and reinstall a newer version with new partitions? What is the best method to do this? Thanks!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 6:49 AM

4 replies

Dec 28, 2011 10:51 AM in response to Ellen Va.

Thanks Hatter for your response and I need more information so will retry.

We have version 4.01, but were using Windows Vista before the upgrade to Lion which Lion does not support.

Do I need to delete/uninstall the partitions set up for that version of Windows or will an upgrade reset the partitions for an upgrade to Windows 7?

Thanks!

Dec 28, 2011 11:01 AM in response to Ellen Va.

Ain't broken so why fix it (or go through buying and installing 7)?

am I able to delete/uninstall that version of Bootcamp and reinstall a newer version with new partitions? What is the best method to do this?

You are not technically uninstalling Boot Camp, you are or would be doing a clean install or upgrade to 7, and then install/add BC 4.01 drivers.

There is a BC control panel and Apple calls it a Program. A catch all and misused term.

Windows-on-Mac would be better.

Leave as is. Even XP can be left as is usually as well.

You should think about leaving as is, or how to do an upgrade or clean install.

Bootcamp and Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.