Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail Logs in to Socal.rr.com but SMTP Failed

I do not seem to be able to get mail from my socal.rr.com account anymore through Mac Mail.

I can get mail from my AOL and Me account using Mac Mail.

Connection Doctor on Mail says:

Socal.rr.com Connection and login to server succeeded. Status Green

RR SOCAL.COM Trying to log in to this SMTP account failed. Verify that username and password are correct. Status Red

I have retyped both into my Accounts Preference page.

RR SOCAL.COM Server Connection to server succeded; login not required. Status Green

I can log into my Road Runner acount online through Safari and see emails but do not receive any through Mac Mail.

Under Advanced tab on Socall.rr.com it is using port 110. On AOL and Mobil Me it uses Port 993 with Use SSL checked.

When change either of these on Socal.rr.com I loose my connection and login to server.

I have checked older post but those 2 + yera old post seem not to help.

Any Help would be appreciated.

Sincerely

Mark

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 12:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 2:04 PM

These are the settings you should have for socal.rr.com (case-sensitive):

• incoming mail server: pop-server.socal.rr.com
  • outgoing mail server: smtp-server.socal.rr.com

Make sure you have those exactly and test it again. If you're still having problems, call RoadRunner and ask them to go through all the settings with you to make sure you've got them right, and if you do, you should check to be sure you have your password on your Mac correct. It could be that your Keychain for this email service is corrupted.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2011 2:04 PM in response to Mark Scott

These are the settings you should have for socal.rr.com (case-sensitive):

• incoming mail server: pop-server.socal.rr.com
  • outgoing mail server: smtp-server.socal.rr.com

Make sure you have those exactly and test it again. If you're still having problems, call RoadRunner and ask them to go through all the settings with you to make sure you've got them right, and if you do, you should check to be sure you have your password on your Mac correct. It could be that your Keychain for this email service is corrupted.

Mac Mail Logs in to Socal.rr.com but SMTP Failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.