Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri's voice (US) change and loss of functionality.

This is my 1st post.

Ok, Before I begin, here are some other threads I already found on this subject, so you guys know it's not only me: please browse them a bit as it will give you some background.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3432387?start=0&tstart=0

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1256301

This happend out of nowhere 3 days ago. Iphone 4s, Verizon.

All of a sudden, her voice changed, got more robotic, scratchy and unclear and sounds 'bitchy'/snappy in a way 🙂

My wife's siri remained unchanged.

It won't bother me much, BUT there's loss of functionality associated: she can't answer the most simple questions sometimes, and often misunderstands them, a LOT worse than when she had a her normal voice. I get the reponse "uh oh something went wrong' and 'i didn't get that', 'try again' etc etc a lot more now. It seems she just got dumber, somehow, and the voice sounds horrible, and also the intonation and tone she speaks with.

It happend right after I loaded some music from itunes to our phones, it was also the 1st time the phone was connected to itunes/pc.

However, i don't think that was the cause as my wife's phone is unaffected.

I have reset all settings twice. Numerous reboots.

I disabled and enable siri and changed to Aus and UK accents and back to US, still the same.

It's very annoying, especially the loss of normal funcionality accoompanying the scratchy weird US voice now...

some people on those threads i linked above said Resetting and setting up the phone 'as new' brought old siri back but only for a bit, then she went scratchy and dumb again. This however didn't work with me at all.

I want my 'old' Siri -

Any ideas what could have caused this ? How can I fix this?

Thanks guys...

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1, 5.0.1 (9A405)

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 3:57 PM

4 replies

Siri's voice (US) change and loss of functionality.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.